Rep. Ruben Gallego’s new book, “They Called Us ‘Lucky’: The Life and Afterlife of the Iraq War’s Hardest Hit Unit,” isn’t your typical political memoir. It’s earthy, candid and, in the words of CQ Roll Call’s own Jim Saksa, a “warts-and-all account of war.”
On this episode of the Political Theater podcast, Saksa sits down with the Arizona Democrat to talk about the book and the stories behind it.
- Gallego memoir offers blunt assessment of war, Harvard and Congress
- Veteran lawmakers cast wide blame for Afghanistan collapse
- Trump’s threat to bomb Iran ‘cultural’ sites is personal for Iraq War vets in Congress
- Take Five: Rep. Ruben Gallego
- As population grows, so does debate on how to reach Latino voters in ’22 midterms