Obama Leading McCain In General Election Match-Up
The Rt Strategies/Cook Political Report poll conducted Feb. 28 – March 2 shows Barack Obama leading John McCain in a general election match-up by 47 percent to 38 percent with a 3.1 percent margin of error. Some toplines from the poll:
– Obama leads among black voters 79 percent to 7 percent and among Hispanic voters 63 percent to 22 percent. McCain leads among white voters 44 percent to 40 percent.
– McCain leads among men 54 percent to 43 percent while Obama leads among women 51 percent to 31 percent.
– McCain ties Obama in the 35-to-49 age group, but Obama leads in all the others.
– Obama leads among all education levels.
– The only region McCain bests Obama is in the South.