Gratis MSNBC, here are some highlights from the exit polls in Mississippi:
– Unlike other states, Barack Obama beat Hillary Clinton *both* among men and women, 61 percent to 38 percent and 58 percent to 39 percent respectively. Clinton’s big margins among white men and white women were offset by Obama’s leads among black men and black women.
– Obama had a big margin over Clinton among voters under 64 (63 percent to 35 percent) while Clinton led 55 percent to 43 percent among voters over 65.
– Another difference with other states’ results is that Obama led Clinton in every demographic when it came to the level of education of the voters (did not complete high school, high school graduate, college graduate).
– Nine percent of voters made up their minds on the day of the primary and .they broke 47 percent to 38 percent for Clinton.
– Of three top issues presented to voters – the economy, Iraq, and health care – 55 percent chose the economy as the top issue and they voted for Obama 56 percent to 42 percent. Iraq and health care was cited as the top issue by 21 percent of voters and they overwhelmingly favored Obama.