Virtual Event: Modernizing Congress: Moving the House Forward
The House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress was created in the 116th Congress in the pursuit to make a more efficient and effective Congress for the American people. With the committee in its final year, more than 140 bipartisan recommendations have been offered towards this endeavor.
Since its creation, the Committee has overseen 91 fully or partially implemented recommendations with continuing research and development into avenues to pursue the remaining recommendations, including work to secure continuity in staff operations, digitize legislative processes, improve constituent communication, and more.
Join CQ Roll Call and The House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress to discuss:
- How committee leadership is ensuring the implementation recommendations
- Current recommendations in progress
- Staffing and resource allotment
- Rep. Derek Kilmer (D-WA) — Chair, House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress
- Rep. William R. Timmons IV (R-SC) — Vice Chair, House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress
- Keenan Austin Reed — Chair & Co-founder, Black Women’s Congressional Alliance and Vice President, Alpine Group
- Mark Strand — President of the Congressional Institute
- Brad Fitch— President and CEO of the Congressional Management Foundation