Virtual Event: Revitalizing the Restaurant Industry: 2021 & Beyond
On June 30, 2021, CQ Roll Call and the Beer Institute co-hosted a virtual event on Revitalizing the Restaurant Industry: 2021 and Beyond.
More than a year into the pandemic, the hospitality industry continues to feel the daily impacts of job and revenue loss more than any other industry. After suffering extreme losses, Federal aid packages like the $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund have been instrumental in providing relief for this industry. However, more work is needed to revitalize the hospitality industry. What additional resources are needed to restore the most vulnerable sector of our economy and job market?
As political decisions on everything from tax policy to labor relations continue to impact the future of the hospitality industry, how can lawmakers and regulators help provide a path to recovery for America's bars and restaurants? How can efforts to support the hospitality industry support the nation's larger COVID-19 recovery plan? How could legislation like the Hospitality and Commerce Job Recovery Act further help the industry recover?
- Tom Bené, President and CEO, National Restaurant Association and CEO, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- Fritz Brogan, Managing Partner and Co-Founder at Mission Group
- Roger Dow, President and CEO, U.S. Travel Association
- Isabella Casillas Guzman, 27th Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Rep. Darin LaHood (R-IL), U.S. Representative for Illinois' 18th Congressional District
- Jim McGreevy, President and CEO, Beer Institute
- Chris Lu, Former White House cabinet secretary and deputy secretary of Labor for President Obama