When it comes to really geeking out about politics and campaigns, nothing beats redistricting.
Jason Dick and Michael Macagnone break down how the pandemic-altered census crashed into the decennial reapportionment of congressional seats and turned the typically crazy process into a fine tizzy of gamesmanship, hard feelings, lawsuits and an out-and-out weird race against the 2022 midterm election clock.
- 2020 census undercounted Black people, Latinos, Native Americans
- Maryland judge throws out Democrat-leaning congressional map
- Supreme Court rejects GOP effort to overturn Wisconsin congressional map
- Supreme Court denies appeal of Pennsylvania, North Carolina maps
- Supreme Court signals few map changes before midterms