This week marks the 50th anniversary of the Watergate break-in, a scandal that eventually led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon. This is one of history's great dramas, and we're still telling and hearing great stories about it. Case in point: “The Martha Mitchell Effect,” a new Netflix documentary about one Watergate's most colorful, and tragic, characters. Directors Anne Alvergue and Debra McClutchy discuss their project in all its colorful and poignant archival glory.
- This obscure 1973 memo kept Mueller from considering a Trump indictment
- The Bolton bombshell and the moral lessons of Watergate
- Nixon counsel John Dean will testify Trump’s actions are ‘strikingly like Watergate’
- It ‘opened my eyes’: Rep. Jim Costa on the summer of ’73
- Roll Call After Dark Documentary of the Week: ‘Our Nixon’