It’s January 2024. It’s cold, especially in Iowa and New Hampshire, the first stops on the presidential campaign voting calendar. We kick off this year by discussing the early contests, as well as setting the stage for the rest of this election year, particularly House and Senate races, with Roll Call’s elections analyst Nathan L. Gonzales.
- Number of House departures only slightly above average
- The possibility of a 2024 Republican sweep
- Biden invokes George Washington, calls Trump a threat to democracy
- Unfinished 2023 business dominates start of 2024 session
- Jan. 6 echoes loudly on the campaign trail, but Capitol falls quiet on third anniversary
- Rating updates: Peltola, Perry face tougher races
- Baseline metric offers Democrats hope for retaking the House