By Jason Dick and Todd RugerPosted March 31, 2023 at 9:09am
The country’s founders were big fans of separating the powers of the branches of government. The current tussles among Congress, the White House and the courts show that the debate over where one institution’s authority ends and another begins is as lively as ever.
- Jan. 6 committee shows Congress can’t enforce subpoenas alone
- Republicans defend quick use of subpoenas in House panel probe
- GOP senators testify on FBI in first ‘Weaponization’ panel hearing
- Federal courts tweak ethics rule for travel, meals and more
- Senate votes to repeal two Iraq military authorizations