Republican and Democratic House campaigns continued to tout their second-quarter hauls Wednesday, but a handful of Republican incumbents posted striking sums around the half-million dollar mark.
- #PA08: Republican Rep. Michael G. Fitzpatrick raised $502,000 in his re-election bid, and he will report $681,000 in the bank, according to a national GOP source. He far outpaced his Democratic rival, veteran Kevin Strouse’s, quarter-million-dollar haul.
- #MN02: Republican Rep. John Kline raised $482,ooo and has $1.1 million in cash on hand, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. His Democratic challenger, ex-state Rep. Mike Obermueller lagged behind him, raising $130,000 with $100,000 in the bank.
- #FL02: Republican Rep. Steve Southerland II raised $461,000, according to the Tallahassee Democrat. This is a marked improvement from his first-quarter haul of $54,000. His only announced Democratic rival, attorney Gwen Graham, raised $375,000 and will report $300,000 in cash on hand.
- #NH02: Rep. Ann McLane Kuster raised $350,000 in the second quarter and had $557,000 in cash on hand, per WMUR.
- #IL10: Former Rep. Robert Dold will report $540,000, per the Daily Herald, as he prepares to rematch Democratic Rep. Brad Schneider in his suburban Chicago district.
- #TN04: Republican state Sen. Jim Tracy raised $303,000 in the second quarter in his primary bid against embattled Rep. Scott DesJarlais.
- #CA17: Attorney Ro Khanna heavily outraised his fellow Democrat, Rep. Michael M. Honda, bringing in more than $1 million. Khanna will report $1.7 million in the bank. Honda raised $345,0000 and will report $375,000 in the bank.
- #CA31: Redlands Mayor Pete Aguilar raised $330,000 in the second quarter and will report $290,000 in cash on hand. He is challenging Rep. Gary G. Miller, a Republican, but he will face off against at least two other other Democrats in the state’s “top-two” primary system. One of those rivals, attorney Eloise Gomez Reyes, raised $200,000. Former Rep. Joe Baca, another Democrat in the race, has not released his fundraising numbers yet.
- #ID02: Just a few hours before the Club for Growth endorsed Bryan Smith’s primary challenge against Rep. Mike Simpson, the upstart campaign released its fundraising. Smith raised about $147,000, per a campaign release.
- #IA01 Cedar Rapids City Democratic Councilwoman Monica Vernon raised $104,000 and will report about $95,000 in cash on hand in her bid for the open-seat race to replace Democratic Rep. Bruce Braley, according to a campaign spokeswoman.
Emily Cahn and Kyle Trygstad contributed to this report.