Why Midterm Elections Were Good for U.S. Military
By Chris RibackPosted November 6, 2014 at 1:38pm
Loren Thompson, chief operating officer of the non-profit Lexington Institute and Chief Executive Officer of Source Associates, lists in Forbes six reasons why the Midterm elections were good for the U.S. Military:
- Republicans favor weapons spending.
- Republicans have little use for the welfare state.
- Republicans don’t trust arms control.
- Republicans are more likely to have military experience.
- Republicans are more willing to put boots on the ground.
- Republicans will seek to loosen defense spending caps.