Skip to content

North Korea Says U.S. Sought ‘Preemptive Nuclear Strike’

Military.com reports that “North Korea has accused Washington of planning a preemptive nuclear strike, after the U.S. announced it would deploy its B-1 bomber in the Pacific for the first time in a decade.”

“The strategic aircraft were to be deployed on Saturday on the U.S. island of Guam, the U.S. military said last month, describing the operation as a routine rotation with the B-52 bomber.”

“Tensions have been running high since North Korea — officially named the Democratic Peoples’ Republic of Korea (DPRK) — carried out its fourth nuclear test in January, followed by a barrage of missile launches that this month reached Japanese waters directly for the first time.”

Recent Stories

House NIL bill gets benched

Trump backs Paxton over Cornyn in Texas runoff

Blanche faces questions over DOJ ‘anti-weaponization’ fund

When believing in the sanctity of all life meets the death penalty

Cassidy’s defeat complicates Senate Health committee’s future

GOP support for ballroom security funding gets wobbly