Senate Democrats agreed this week to work toward a $3.5 trillion reconciliation package, which would fund major programs President Joe Biden proposed in his economic plans. CQ Roll Call’s Jennifer Shutt and David Lerman discuss the plan, Democratic unity around the package and the likely long voting sessions ahead.
- Senate moderates want details of $3.5 trillion budget bill before committing
- Senate Democrats begin push-pull process on budget
- In reconciliation, Democrats eye border tax for carbon
- Reconciliation bill may limit GOP support for infrastructure
- GOP infrastructure negotiators rankled by Schumer’s deadline