CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Jennifer Shutt discuss the $1.4 trillion spending package to fund the government for 2021, breaking down what’s in it and where an additional $900 billion in COVID-19 relief is going.
- Senate clears massive year-end spending bill with coronavirus relief
- Trump signs weeklong funding extension to buy time to prep omnibus
- Midwestern carpenters would get relief in year-end package
- New accountability measures for Capitol Police in spending bill
- Package includes new museums focused on women and Latinos
- Omnibus spending package reflects shaky detente in Trump’s final chapter