By David Lerman, Jennifer Shutt, and Evan CampbellPosted June 2, 2020 at 1:49pm
Police and fire departments were promised millions of dollars in aid as part of a coronavirus relief package passed in March. While police grants are flowing, firefighters have yet to see a dime. CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Jennifer Shutt explain the disparity in aid delivery and how it could be changed.
- Firefighters seek rough parity with police in virus aid efforts
- Bipartisan group wants deficits addressed in next virus aid bill
- House may return early to consider policing overhaul
- Congress plotting action against police brutality, racial injustices in response to Floyd death
- Lawmakers eye NDAA to limit military gear transfers to police