President Donald Trump signed a number of executive actions last weekend to provide some COVID-19 aid, including suspending payroll tax collection and adding $300 to $400 in federal unemployment benefits, as negotiators failed to reach agreement on the next relief package. But is it enough? CQ Roll Call’s Jennifer Shutt and Peter Cohn discuss the executive actions and look at what they might mean for negotiations going forward.
- Self-employed won’t get to defer taxes under Trump’s payroll break
- Why Trump’s unemployment boost may only be $300 a week for many
- House won’t take votes Labor Day week, citing COVID-19 concerns
- With Omar and Greene, Minnesota and Georgia primaries Tuesday test parties’ extremes
- Shaheen asks for watchdog probe into Census Bureau schedule