Sen. Bob Menendez is a New Jersey institution, and in a familiar place: running for election while fighting federal corruption charges. He has always come out on top before, but times have changed, and his Democratic colleagues are pressuring him to resign. How did Menendez get to where he is, and what are his options? Roll Call Politics Editor Herb Jackson, a man of New Jersey, walks us through it all.
- Booker joins chorus, calls Menendez’s refusal to resign ‘a mistake’
- Menendez indictment comes with Democrats playing 2024 defense
- Menendez expects to win ‘biggest fight yet,’ defends seized cash
- Justice Department drops corruption case against Menendez
- Watch the Political Theater podcast on YouTube