Filmmaker Sierra Pettengill’s documentary “Riotsville, USA” examines the history of the government’s efforts to crack down on protest movements. The title refers to the ersatz towns the military built for counter-protest training, and the film’s archival approach is a chronicle and meditation on politics then and now.
- Protesters flood Capitol Hill and across Washington, lawmakers among them
- Hearing on extremism in the military prompts partisan broadsides
- Trump focuses on law and order, but will other Republicans follow?
- Guard officer: Lafayette Square police tactics ‘disturbing’
- The two very different ends of Pennsylvania Avenue