With Jason Dick out this week, we thought it would be a good idea to give Political Theater listeners a chance to catch an episode of CQ Future on the future of the Republican Party.
The former president is ensconced at Mar-a-Lago, and everyone — on both sides of the aisle — is curious to know what his influence will be on the GOP.
We turn to Rep. Mike Johnson, a Louisiana Republican who has risen fast in the party ranks since his 2016 election. A former lawyer, he defends religious liberty and opposes same-sex marriage and currently serves as vice chair of the House Republican Conference. Johnson joins CQ Roll Call’s Shawn Zeller to discuss the future of the Republican Party.
- Governing in a hurry: The fleeting nature of unified control
- 11 years later, the Affordable Care Act is still ‘a big f—ing deal’
- What Deb Haaland at Interior means for Native Americans
- Making sense of Congress, one year into the pandemic
- If you want partisanship, you’ve got it