President Biden and others have spoken this week about breaking apart the behemoth reconciliation package known as “Build Back Better” to try to pass it in pieces. But as CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Peter Cohn explain, this idea may be more complicated than it seems.
- Splitting up budget package carries procedural risks
- Movement on the appropriations process?
- New year’s outlook for reconciliation package and appropriations
- Democrats look to new year to pass tax and spending package
- Senate clears procedural debt limit measure
- So much to do, so little time