It came more than five months late, but omnibus appropriations for the current fiscal year made it across the finish line this week. CQ Roll Call's David Lerman and Lindsey McPherson explain what took so long, how a compromise was reached and the sacrifices made to get a deal done. They also assess a new fight over additional pandemic aid.
- Senate clears $1.5 trillion omnibus spending bill
- House passes overdue $1.5 trillion omnibus appropriations bill
- Pandemic aid bill pulled as House aims to wrap up omnibus
- Policing overhaul provisions not hitching a ride on omnibus spending bill
- House Democrats’ retreat upended by spending bill delays
- Capitol Ink | Omnibus spending convoy