Financing concerns left moderate Democrats queasy about voting for a budget reconciliation package to expand the safety net and combat climate change. The plan hinges on new taxes, prescription drug cost savings and increased tax enforcement. CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Laura Weiss explain the financing behind the package and some last-minute negotiations that could still trigger further change
- Budget, infrastructure bills slotted for Friday votes in House
- The skinny on the stripped-down reconciliation framework
- What’s the meaning of compromise?
- What’s next for the reconciliation bill?
- Debt limit crisis averted, for now