The Biden administration says its $2 trillion infrastructure plan would boost the economy, fight climate change and address racial inequity. But Republicans are already pushing back, arguing that an increase in taxes to pay for the measure would slow down the economy. CQ Roll Call’s Jennifer Shutt and David Lerman discuss the ins and outs of the bill and the likelihood of it being a bipartisan effort versus Democrats going through the reconciliation process.
- Biden’s infrastructure plan seen as aiding ‘initial link’ in farm supply chain
- Bipartisan agreement on need for water upgrade, but not on cost
- Electric vehicles get help in Biden plan, but roadblocks remain
- GOP response puts Biden infrastructure plan on road to reconciliation
- Biden infrastructure plan would boost gun violence prevention groups