Coronavirus Special Report: COVID-19 prompts the House to push harder for health care coverage
By Jason Dick and Evan CampbellPosted June 29, 2020 at 6:36pm
In today's episode, we look at how the pandemic is pushing lawmakers to reexamine health care policy, the backlash over pricing for drugmaker Gilead's experimental COVID-19 drug and how numbers of those infected with the coronavirus continue to soar.
- Alabama asks Supreme Court to review COVID-19 election ruling
- Gilead says it will charge $3,120 per patient for COVID-19 drug
- White House says cutting COVID-19 spread a matter of patriotism
- GAO: Stimulus checks sent to dead people among coronavirus response problems
- Screening of unaccompanied minors amid pandemic questioned