By Jason Dick and Evan CampbellPosted May 28, 2020 at 5:43pm
In this episode we delve into why the House passed some changes to the Paycheck Protection Program, how proxy voting is faring and the latest on health care policy news, including a look at opioid deaths since the pandemic broke out.
- House passes bill giving small businesses leeway on COVID-19 loans
- Lawmakers compromise on PPP loan terms as talks continue
- First proxy votes cast in the House despite GOP opposition, lawsuit
- Drug overdose deaths are increasing during the pandemic
- Outside money pours into Iowa Senate primary, with more to come