There is a double standard when it comes to the treatment of children of color. They are punished in schools more frequently. They are arrested more frequently. Why is this happening and why are so many Black and brown children robbed of their childhoods? Kristin Henning, author of “The Rage of Innocence: How America Criminalizes Black Youth,” uses her experiences, data and research to paint an alarming picture. Henning sits down with Mary C. Curtis to discuss the problem and potential policy solutions.
- The politics of equity 2021
- What do the battle against omicron and HUD Secretary Marcia Fudge have in common?
- ‘What has come of America?’
- ‘U.S. immigration policy is racist’
- Why universal pre-K may help stem crime