As Congress deliberates this week on what should be included in the reconciliation bill, child care and specifically universal pre-K is being debated. Educators, parents and doctors have long advocated for pre-K. Another group has added its voice to the chorus: law enforcement.
Mary C. Curtis sits down with Sheriff Vernon Stanforth, the president of the National Sheriffs’ Association, to discuss how early education helps develop life skills.
- ‘White folks don’t care about dead Black and Brown people like they ought to’
- ‘It’s always urgent when it’s about vote, voice and power’
- Reconciliation, infrastructure and the social safety net
- MLK III: ‘Listen with your ears, hear with your heart’
- ‘This is about whether or not we will have a democracy or an autocracy,’ Clyburn says on voting rights