Brent Roske is a political animal, but it wasn’t supposed to be that way.
A veteran Hollywood creative type, his series “Chasing the Hill,” about a fictional congressional campaign, was supposed to get politics out of his system. It just lit the fire though, and he went on to run for Congress himself, move to Iowa, start a political talk show, “Roske on Politics,” and get involved in political strategy.
And now, with several competitive races in the Hawkeye State in 2020, he’s doing what he does best: getting politicians to open up in the public sphere.
- The lone vulnerable senator at the GOP convention
- TV ad by Iowa Rep. Abby Finkenauer highlights Democrats’ effort to woo back rural voters
- Wildest Iowa caucus ever?
- Candidates, calories and cows: What really happens at the Iowa State Fair
- Former Iowa governor: Take rural voters seriously
- House freshmen try to keep it local as presidential race steals the spotlight
- Once a GOP Staffer, Candidate Now Vies to Be Main Event