Supreme Court justices like to portray themselves as legal actors, not political ones, but the high court has never been able to stay out of the public arena. That was certainly the case for the term that just ended, and it is certainly the case for the term to come.
CQ Roll Call senior writer Todd Ruger joins us on the Political Theater podcast to discuss the court’s recent decisions, its upcoming ones and the effect that Congress and the president have on the institution.
- Supreme Court sidesteps controversy in term punctuated by politics and pandemic
- Lawmakers weigh in on proposals to change the Supreme Court
- Whitehouse bolsters push to shine light on ‘dark money’ at Supreme Court
- Supreme Court lines up rare gun arguments for next term
- Meaningful change to the Supreme Court? Check with the Senate