President-elect Joe Biden’s picks to head the Agriculture Department and HUD follow a fairly familiar pattern: a former farm-state governor for Ag and a former mayor for HUD. But supporters expect his administration to aggressively address equality issues in a hyper-partisan environment, and Ag and HUD are two departments at the forefront.
- Bipartisan group aiming to wrap up coronavirus relief deal Wednesday
- Senate confirms three to FEC, restoring a full slate
- EPA move creates hurdles for future air, climate rules
- Cannon renovation expected to go $137 million over budget
- House adopts defense conference report as veto threat looms