As Washington gears up to host the inauguration of the 46th president of the United States next week, the country is on edge. After the insurrection at the Capitol on Jan. 6, security officials are leaving nothing to chance. The city is in lockdown. So, on the last Friday of President Donald Trump’s term, we ask: What next? CQ Roll Call’s Jim Saksa speaks to elections analyst Nathan L. Gonzales about the future of the GOP. We also speak to chief Washington correspondent Niels Lesniewski about what to expect from President-elect Joe Biden after he is sworn in.
- Pelosi taps retired Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré to conduct Capitol security review
- Biden taps Clean Power Plan architect McCabe as EPA deputy
- Interior watchdog to examine Jan. 6 Capitol riot, events before
- ‘Second annual impeachment show extravaganza’: Congressional Hits and Misses
- Biden taps top House Appropriations aide for budget office slot