The current fight over voting rights will help determine how long the United States endures as a republic, says Timothy Snyder, a historian and author of “On Tyranny" and other books about why democratic republics rise and fall.
He joins the Political Theater podcast to talk about that and the stresses on the current political system through the lens of history.
- Don’t rule out a GOP Senate wave
- Biden, Harris push voting rights in Atlanta as Senate preps for rules fight
- Last year, a rampage. This year, a ‘surreal’ quiet grips the Capitol on Jan. 6
- Some Democrats see Jan. 6 riot as motivator against midterm apathy
- Top lawmakers still looking for right balance of security after Jan. 6