House appropriators are about to begin their markups of fiscal 2023 spending bills after taking a shortcut on a budget blueprint. CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Paul M. Krawzak outline what lies ahead for appropriators and assess the latest effort to resurrect a “Build Back Better” reconciliation package.
- House sets $1.6 trillion cap for fiscal 2023 appropriations
- Resurrected budget package no slam dunk as negotiations heat up
- House Armed Services panel backs Biden’s Navy shipbuilding plan
- Armed Services Committee plans 4.6 percent military pay raise
- Armed Services panel nudges Pentagon toward more Patriot batteries