Equity is top of mind this week. First, the omicron variant is now the topic of global conversation. How the story unfolded in the U.S. illuminates how disparity and racism are intrinsic to keeping the virus evolving. Harvard University public health expert Dr. Ingrid Katz speaks with Mary C. Curtis about how global vaccine equity is the only way through this pandemic and the only path to preparing for the next. Then we feature a conversation with Housing Urban Development Secretary Marcia Fudge about housing, infrastructure and reconciliation.
- ‘What has come of America?’
- ‘U.S. immigration policy is racist’
- Why universal pre-K may help stem crime
- ‘It’s always urgent when it’s about vote, voice and power’
- Reconciliation, infrastructure and the social safety net