It's the year of our Midterm Election, 2022, and first-quarter fundraising numbers are in. What's a million dollars get you these days? How are incumbent members running against other incumbents doing? How much are members targeted by former President Donald Trump doing in the money game?
We run through all this and more with CQ Roll Call politics editor Herb Jackson and senior writer Kate Ackley on the latest Political Theater podcast.
- Trump targets outraise challengers, unlike some other incumbents
- Member vs. member House races top $6.5 million in first quarter
- GOP senators, lobbyists aid challengers to lightning rod House members
- Senate Democrats raise money furiously to defend majority
- Texas election is GOP’s chance to prove how midterm winds are blowing
- From Schwarzenegger to Oz, GOP celebrities in politics
- House ratings for the ’22 midterms