September is always stressful around Washington. Congress rarely even tries to pass all its spending bills in time for the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30. Throw in the House GOP’s impeachment inquiry of President Joe Biden, and you have even more pressure. Both topics, along with another developing wild card, redistricting, are likely to help define the 2024 campaign. We discuss with Nathan Gonzales, Roll Call’s campaign analyst and the publisher of Inside Elections.
- Political Theater is now on YouTube! Check out our video version of the podcast
- Alabama asks Supreme Court to halt lower-court order for new congressional map
- Spending turmoil rocks House GOP with deadline weeks away
- Biden impeachment probe may weaken congressional power, experts say
- The Political Theater Podcast archives, long may they endure