We begin with Jason Dick offering a tribute to former Vice President Walter Mondale — who he was and how he helped build the Democratic Party of today. Then we thought it would be a good idea to give Political Theater listeners a chance to hear our sister podcast, CQ Future, on what’s next for the Democratic Party.
It’s no secret that in the corridors of power there is a struggle for the soul of the Democratic Party. While Joe Biden won the presidency, there certainly wasn’t a blue wave. Moreover, House Democrats lost seats, and while they hold a slim majority in the Senate, infighting within the party has presented challenges to Biden’s agenda.
- Political Theater: The future of the GOP
- CQ Future: Money in politics
- CQ Future: The Latino vote
- Joe Biden’s bold moves on race relations
- Governing in a hurry: The fleeting nature of unified control