If you’re feeling cranky about politics, please know this: You’re not alone. Public polling shows a remarkably wide swath of Americans with historically poor views of politics and politicians. Granted, polls are snapshots, not oil paintings, so to speak. But the body politic does seem to be in a pretty rough patch. Here to discuss the political climate and what it might mean as we gear up for another election is Nathan L. Gonzales, Roll Call’s campaign analyst and publisher of Inside Elections.
- Left-behind polling memo shows abortion hurting outlook for GOP
- Democrats can demonize Johnson, but should they in 2024?
- Congress’ Job Approval Drops to 13%, Lowest Since 2017
- Americans’ Dismal Views of the Nation’s Politics
- Most Americans still think the country is on wrong track: Poll
- The Political Theater archives
- Political Theater on Roll Call’s YouTube channel