A lone senator’s objection stymied bipartisan hopes for speedy passage of a $40 billion Ukraine aid measure. CQ Roll Call's David Lerman and Peter Cohn explain the cause of the holdup and what it may mean for pandemic-related funding bills waiting in the wings.
- Ukraine aid vote pushed to next week amid Senate snarl
- Ukraine caucus leaders still on a ‘war footing’
- Ukraine aid bill faces familiar Senate procedural obstacles
- Congress excludes protections for Afghan evacuees in Ukraine bill
- Capitol Ink | With all deliberative speed
- Emergency funding bill for Ukraine passes House